CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

My thoughts

Its funny how just getting the stomach flu makes you think abt things a little deeper, In between my many trips to the bathroom the last couple of days I have been reading this book titled " Your divine purpose" By Richard Paul Anderson..... amazing amazing book you all should read it!! Anyway today i was reading the chapter,  purchased with a price.  I wanted to write some thoughts and things  they talk abt in this chapter, 


When you think of all the possible ways a person can suffer in this life, be it from physical illness, pain and injury, or emotional trauma, The manner in which the savior suffered is incomprehensible! And yet he DID THIS that he might know exactly how you would feel in your  circumstances. With that knowledge he would know how to care for you PERFECTLY and see you through whatever the trail my be.  He descended below all things so that there is nothing we go through that he has not already felt. 

About his own suffering, the savior said it " caused myself even God the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit and would that i might not drink the bitter cup and shrink". 
And as the scriptures say, for all this, he   is despised and rejected of men ; a man of sorrows , and acquainted with grief... Surely he has born YOUR griefs, and carried YOUR sorrows. He was wounded for YOUR transgressions, he was bruised for YOUR  iniquities, the chastisement of YOUR peace was upon him, and with his stripes YOU are healed!

It amazes me everyday that our savior suffered for ME, for all of us,  he knows every ounce of my sorrow and pain. When i am going through a hard time i know that i can turn to him for comfort because He KNOWS how to heal me! 

For this I am so thankful!


3 comments:

melanie said...

I read something that said" if I were the only person on this earth than Christ still would have atoned for my sins." That brought it home personally for me. Thanks for sharing

Sara said...

Thank you for sharing that Kristy!

Emily said...

That was a great reminder, a great thing to think about today. Thank you.