CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL





Well we made it to school! This year however all 3 of my kids are not happy to be there, savannah does not like her teacher at all! Sam has already been made fun of and Sara well she just gets bored. I really dont know what to do abt it though, If you know savannah she is a dramatic child and also has a strong will and personality. She says her teacher yelled at her and the other kids dont want to play with her. My heart aches with the thought that that might be true but im not to sure what to believe. She says everyday i just want to be home schooled mom PLEASE! ah! I dont know what to do So here is where i want some advice. Here i am a single  mom, i wanted to start school in the spring, if all my kids are in school i can do that, but if i decide to home school savannah that cant happen.. can it? and if i take her out can i really home school? Do i want to? i kinof of like the free time i have to myself.  Is that being selfish?  Oh my my what to do?? if any one has any advice i so need it now! :)

Anyway here are a few cute pics of the first day.

5 comments:

Becca said...

You do have a hard decision to make. I know Ricky has had a hard teacher in Kindergarten too. She would call the kids stupid if they made a mistake:( I was there. I prayed a lot. I ended up keeping him in there. I felt like it was a good life lesson to learn(that you won't always get along with everyone. It's hard because she is your baby, but I have faith that you will make the right decision for you and your family. I am so made they are being mean to my cousins. Also, it is not selfish to want your alone time as well. I also like my alone time when they are in school:) I love you:)

~Becca:)

The Betitas said...

The first few weeks of school are always a little hard. I would go talk to Savannahs teacher in person. I would meet her, get a feel for what kind of a person she is. Build a relationship with her so that you can discuss the concerns you have. If Savannah hasn't adjusted in a few weeks and you have talked to her teacher and haven't noticed that things are getting better, then maybe a different teacher would be a good option. About the home school thing! That is a big decision....its hard to say what is best for you and your individual situation. Good luck Kristy. I hope it gets better. Jeanie had hard kindergarten teacher too. It was so hard on all of us to think that she wasn't being treated well at school. It was HEARTBREAKING! I remember that. Im sorry you have to worry! I would absolutely go get to know the teacher though. Let us know what you decide. We will be thinking about you and praying for you!

melanie said...

you and I have already had this conversation. You have a great resource right next to you. Lots of thought and prayers went into my decision. Ask Tina for help!!!

TJ said...

Whoa, just reading that overwhelms me, I hope it all works out, it seems like the other comments are good suggestions.

Lori Buhr said...

Okay, I don't generally give advice, but you asked for it! I have been on both sides of this coin. We home schooled Jennifer in her 4th grade after a year of third grade with a verbally degrading teacher. It can be done, but it is not something to be done lightly, and it sounds like you are giving it the appropriate amount of thought. On the other hands I have also been a teacher fo a long time and I suggest to do what Emily said and try to find out if this is really happening and if so, how often and when and is it the same for all the students, etc. Offer to volunteer an hour of your time to help the teacher. Usually a good teacher wiil be glad to have the help, a poor one will make excuses to exclued you from visiting. Be aware that the teacher might not have a routine set yet and will put you off for a couple of weeks, but by Labor Day she should be able to have testing done and things in place that she could use you. An hour a week may not seem like much, but it is a huge help to a teacher! Finally, if you are able to find out that what Savannah says is true then you need to document the information (when, who, dates, names, etc.) and take it to the principal. Nothing may happen this year, but if enough people say something then something will have to be done. I hate the thought of any teacher damaging a child. But, I have to say truthfully that I know these things happen. Keep me posted.